RM of Lac du Bonnet Recreation
For more information on programs and events, click the "Programs" tab.
Registration for programs can be found on the "Programs" page.
Our vision is to offer a full range of accessible recreational opportunities for all ages and abilities and to provide a commitment to meeting the challenges of today and the opportunities of the future.
The RM of Lac du Bonnet Recreation Department is the community connection for sports, recreation, health and leisure, arts, programs and entertainment. RM of Lac du Bonnet Recreation seeks to promote and encourage programs that benefit all ages; children, youth, teens, adults and seniors; programs that promote personal growth, self-esteem and health awareness and that significantly contribute to the quality of life enjoyed by all RM of Lac du Bonnet residents and visitors.
Recreation News & Updates
November 10, 2020
Effective Thursday, November 12, 2020, the entire province will be moving to the critical (red) level on the province’s pandemic response system. There will be new restrictions, including:
• Social contacts are reduced to your household only. Social gatherings are not permitted.
• Travel to and from northern Manitoba is restricted and non-essential travel is discouraged.
• Retail businesses listed as critical services, such as grocery stores, pharmacies, and hardware stores can remain open at 25 per cent capacity.
• Retail businesses not on the list are able to provide e-service, curbside pickup or delivery services.
• All personal service businesses, including hair salons, barbers and sites offering manicures, pedicures and other esthetic services, must close.
• Gyms and fitness centres must close.
• Religious and cultural gatherings must close or be provided virtually only.
• Restaurants must close to the public and may be open for delivery, drive-thru or takeout only.
• All recreational activities, sports facilities, casinos, museums, galleries, libraries, movie theatres and concert halls must close.
In addition, no changes will be made to child-care services or to kindergarten to Grade 12 education delivery at this time.
At this time, the RM of Lac du Bonnet's recreation department will be canceling all in-programs that are current scheduled. Plans to move in-person programs to an online format will be investigated. All program participants currently registered will be contacted in the next few days with emails indicating changes and outcomes to their program. Please be patient while we determine how to modify our programs during this time.
October 7, 2020
The RM of Lac du Bonnet is now accepting applications for the position of Recreation Assistant. Click here to view the posting ad and job description. Those interested in the position may submit a resume with cover letter by 4:00 pm, October 23, 2020 to:
RM of Lac du Bonnet
Attn: Recreation Director
Box 100, Lac du Bonnet, MB R0E 1A0
Phone: 204-345-2619 ext. 108
September 29, 2020
Effective September 29, 2020, all participants will be required to wear masks during recreation programming and when entering the RM of Lac du Bonnet Municipal office.
September 14, 2020
The Rural Municipality of Lac du Bonnet would like to welcome Courtney Bangert-Murray to our team in the role of Recreation Director!
Prior to joining us here at the RM as part of our new recreation partnership with the Whitemouth River Valley / RM of Whitemouth, Courtney served as an administrator with the Town of Beausejour Department of Community Services and as a part-time Recreation Director for Whitemouth.
Courtney graduated from the University of Manitoba in 2017 with a BA in Kinesiology. She has lived in the area for her whole life and enjoys kayaking, hiking eastern Manitoba’s beautiful trails, and tending to her vegetable garden.
Courtney is looking forward to developing fun, high-quality, and unique recreation programs to Lac du Bonnet and area citizens of all ages!
Phone: 204-345-2619 ext. 108
Don't forget to like us on Facebook to stay up to date and get the latest updates.
Follow us on Instagram.