PLANNING NOTICE, May 30, 2022:
The Planning Department is extremely busy as renovation season has arrived and road restrictions have been lifted.
- Building permits may take three to five weeks to fulfill due to high demand for permits and inspections.
- We ask that you request an inspection two to three days before your desired date.
- We ask that you have procured all quotes for your work before applying for a permit, to cut down on the number of permits we must re-issue due to changes in the work.
We understand you are eager to begin/resume your projects and we thank you for your patience as we work to approve permits and provide inspections as quickly as possible.
The Lac du Bonnet Planning District (LDBPD) is a partnership between the Rural Municipality of Lac du Bonnet and the Town of Lac du Bonnet. The LDBPD is responsible for planning and building development in the communities. This includes the administration and enforcement of the district development plan, zoning By-Laws, building By-Laws, and the Manitoba Building, Fire, Plumbing, and Energy codes.
The LDBPD is located at the RM Administration Office just two minutes north of Town on Hwy 317, #4187. We are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. As we are a small office, please call ahead and make an appointment to ensure we are available to help you with your planning, building, and development needs. We also have a dropbox located at the front doors on the right-hand side for after-hour drop-offs. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you.
For planning, administration, and general permit, property, and zoning information, please contact:
- Maureen Janisch, Planning Administrator, at 204-345-2619 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Mailing Address: P.O. Box 100 Lac du Bonnet, MB R0E 1A0
For building, development, or structural information, or to book an inspection, please contact:
- Albert Miler, Building Inspector/Development Officer, at 204-345-3701 or email email@example.com.
Payment of Permits and Fees
When paying for permits and fees, please provide cheque, cash, or debit. No credit services are available. Please make all cheques payable to The Rural Municipality of Lac du Bonnet.
Other Jurisdiction Contact Information:
|RM of Lac du Bonnet||Ph: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|RM of Lac du Bonnet Public Works||Ph: email@example.com|
|Town of Lac du Bonnet||Ph: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Manitoba Hydro (electrical permits)||Ph: 204-345-2392|
|Manitoba Hydro Shore Land Development(all work on Hydro shore lands needs their approval prior to permit issuance.)||Ph: 204-345-9091|
|Manitoba Conservation and Climate (holding tanks, septic fields, burning permits)||Ph: 204-345-1400|
|Office of the Fire Commissioner||Ph: email@example.com|
|Manitoba Infrastructure||Ph: 204-345-1491|