Upcoming Recreation Programs
What better way to get into the Holiday spirit than with a DIY workshop!
Join the RM of Lac du Bonnet Recreation department & Barefoot Macrame for a Macrame Christmas Tree Workshop.
Participants will have the opportunity to create several macrame Christmas tree pieces that can be used as tree ornaments, hung as garland or hung from a branch to create a decorative wall piece.
Cost per participant: $25.00 (includes all materials and instruction)
This workshop will be taking place virtually via Zoom. A link to all registered participants will be sent out the week of the event. All materials will be provided and are included in workshop cost. All materials will be either mailed to the participants or dropped off at physical address provided in registration form.
Don't forget to click on the event discussion to see an example of the macrame project!
To register, please click HERE.
Participants will enjoy creating a dainty tray filled with treats to enjoy with their families this holiday season!
Register HERE for Holiday Baking
Payment deadline for this program is December 11, 2020.
In-Service Day Camp Details
- Cost: $30 per day/ per participant
- Please note that due to social distancing, spaces are limited.
- Location: St. John’s Heritage Church and Arts Centre - 86 McArthur Ave, Lac du Bonnet, MB
- Covid-19 protocols will be in place to ensure all participants are safe while attending RM of Lac du Bonnet programs. These protocols include, but are not limited to:
- All campers and leaders will be required to wear masks at all time, except when seated for eating snack & lunch.
- All campers will be screened upon entry and temperatures checked.
- Campers will be seated at designated spots with appropriate distancing in place.
- High frequency touch points will be sanitized throughout the day.
- Group size has been limited to ensure adequate distancing.
- Children of the same family will be permitted to eat and sit at the same table, while others will be distanced.
- Sharing of food/toys/supplies/personal items will not be permitted.
- Sanitization stations will be available and time for hand washing will be added to the schedule throughout the day.
- For more information, you can read our full Covid-19 program protocol here.
REGISTER FOR CAMP HERE
We ask to pay promptly following registration. All payments must be received no later than the payment deadline listed below. If you do not pay by this deadline date, your registration will be removed and given to anyone on the waitlist.
- October 23, 2020 Camp Payment Deadline: Oct. 16, 2020
- November 20, 2020 Camp Payment Deadline: Nov. 13, 2020
- February 5, 2021 Camp Payment Deadline: Jan. 29, 2021
- March 19, 2021 Camp Payment Deadline: March 12, 2021
- May 7, 2021 Camp Payment Deadline: April 30, 2021
Paying for your Program Registration
We ask to pay promptly following registration. All payments must be received no later than the payment deadline. If you do not pay by this deadline date, your registration will be removed and given to anyone on the waitlist. You can pay for your registered program with one of the following methods:
1) Cash or Cheque dropped of at the RM of Lac du Bonnet Municipal Office
Address: 4187 MB-317 Lac du Bonnet Open Monday-Friday; 8:30-4:30 pm
Cheques can be made out: Rural Municipality of Lac du Bonnet. Please indicate which program you are registering for in the field memo.
2) Mail in Cheque to : Box 100 Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba, R0E 1A0.
Please indicate which program you are registering for in the field memo. Cheques can be made out to: Rural Municipality of Lac du Bonnet
E-Transfers can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send an additional email to email@example.com with the following details.
- The answer to the question you provided on your e-transfer
- What program you are paying for and the start date (Ex: Day camp October 25, 2020) Please be as specific as possible
- Contact Information (First Name, Last Name, etc)
- If you are paying for your child(ren), please indicate their names so that we can mark down the correct participant(s).
There are a few options available in which families can apply for financial assistance to help off-set the costs associated with recreation, sports and camp registration. If you have any questions, need help applying or would like to learn more, please do not hesitate to contact our Recreation Director. She will be apply to assist you in whatever way is needed.
KidSport provides grants to kids from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sport programs and experience the lifelong benefits of a season of sport. KidSport Manitoba provides grants of up to $300 per eligible kid, per year (January 1st - December 31st) towards sport registration fees. Clubs eligible for KidSport funding must be active members of their Provincial Sport Organizations (PSO). If you are not sure if the club you want to apply for is a member of thier respective PSO, we recommend contacting them to find out. You can find a list of all the Provincial Sport Organizations on the Sport Manitoba website here.
Jumpstart is a registered charity that helps kids from financially disadvantaged families participate in organized sports and physical activity. To be eligible for funding for one or more children, families must first meet specific financial criteria as per Revenue Canada’s Low-Income Cut-Offs (LICO) chart or are receiving the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB). View the LICO chart here.
Every child deserves the opportunity to go to camp regardless of race, faith, family income, or special needs. Camp is a place where everyone belongs. The Manitoba Camping Association Sunshine Fund is here to help children experience the benefits of camp.
To apply for financial assistance, the Sunshine Fund application is available to download by clicking on the link below. To find out if you qualify for assistance, please review the Statistics Canada Low Income Cut-Off char on their website. If you qualify, the maximum subsidy amount is $700.00 per child per year.
Applications are reviewed on a first come, first served basis and only cover overnight camp programs. The number of children we can subsidize annually is dependent on public donations and grants that we receive.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
When registration is below the minimum amount required by the instructor, RM of Lac du Bonnet Recreation reserves the right to cancel the program. When a class is cancelled by Niverville Recreation for any reason, participants will receive a full refund or a credit towards a future classes or programs at the registrant's request.
All other refund requests must be received in writing to the RM of Lac du Bonnet Recreation Department at least 10 days prior to class start date. All refund requests will be subject to a minimum $15.00 processing charge per course/registrant cancellation request. Please email our Recreation Director for further details.
*Pre-payment is required for ALL classes prior to the payment deadline date*
CLICK HERE to view the full cancellation policy, as well as the Covid-19 Cancellation Policy.