If you would like to appear before Council as a delegation, please fill out the form below. After review, we will notify you of the Council Meeting you will be appearing in.
- All person(s) wishing to appear before Council as a delegation must register by completing a Delegation Registration Form (Available below and from the Municipal Office).
- The Delegation Registration Form must be submitted no later than five days before the schedule commencement of the meeting.
- In situations where a delegation consists of many people, one spokesperson must be appointed for the group.
- All delegations are limited to fifteen minute presentations.
- Delegations are only for presenting information. Council may choose to follow up on the information at a later date.
- Delegations are held at Regular Meetings of Council with two available time slots: 3 p.m. and 3:15 p.m.
For more information regarding delegation rules please see: Schedule E of the Council Procedures By-Law No. 10-22.
PUBLIC DISCLOSURE OF PARTICIPANT INFORMATION
- Given the public nature of Council and Committee Meetings, an individual who submits an email or any other written correspondence or documentation to a member of council or administration for a public hearing, and/or a delegation, should expect that the information, including their personal information (name and address) might be disclosed at a council meeting and may form part of the meeting minutes of such meeting as a matter of public record.
- This also means that if a copy of the correspondence or documentation presented to council and/or administration regarding a public hearing or delegation is requested by a third party (the media) it may be disclosed.
- In accordance with The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act the municipality will be mindful under the guidelines set out by the Act and perform its duty to protect the personal information of individuals; unless it is appropriate or necessary to disclose such information.